It’s no secret successful businesses today must genuinely understand customers’ problems and adapt to meet their evolving needs. In fact, change is a crucial aspect of business, and making thoughtfully planned product changes is often necessary to be more efficient and add customer benefits, especially with a long established, already-successful product.
Similarly, Trimble recently launched an updated model of our premium Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver, the Trimble® R10 Model 2 GNSS system.
The upgraded R10 Model 2 is a significant advancement, illustrating a progression in an essential portfolio of solutions developed with customers top of mind. While there’s a lot that goes into replacing a popular product, customers deserve to have access to practical innovation on a proven platform.
xyHt’s associate editor, Gavin Schrock, provides insightful commentary about the new model in his recent article, “R10 Too! The R10 Model 2 Is Announced.”
R10 Model 2: Proven Platform Aligns Even More With Customers’ Needs
Designed to help surveyors in a wide range of industries work more effectively and productively, the updated R10 Model 2 is an easy-to-use, compact, durable solution for GIS and survey professionals that need to collect highly accurate data in a range of geospatial applications. It features power consumption enhancements, additional channels, tracking and processing of more signals, extra support for mobile systems, increased internal memory, and more spoofing and interference hardening.
Here’s a glance at some of the R10 Model 2’s most significant enhancements:
- Tracks and processes all of today's available GNSS signals and is designed to support planned GNSS signals and systems that may be launched in the near future. It also includes the latest, most advanced custom Trimble survey GNSS ASIC with an industry-leading 672 GNSS channels for GNSS constellation tracking, including GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, IRNSS and the full range of SBAS.
- Improved reliability against sources of interference and spoofed signals.
- Enhanced power management to increase battery life and operating time in the field by 33 percent.
- Increased internal memory (6 GB) to store more than 10 years of raw observations.
- Offers support for Android and iOS platforms to allow organizations with Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments to benefit from a premium survey GNSS receiver by using the mobile devices their field crews already have on hand.
In the article, Schrock states: “While updated incrementally over the years, the R10 Model 2, or R10-2, is a major upgrade … [and] appears to be a timely, appropriate, and worthy update of a popular and capable GNSS system.”
Want to Learn More?
The Trimble R10 Model 2 supports the recently released Trimble TSC7 controller and Trimble Access™ 2018 field software. The Trimble R10-2, in combination with the TSC7's large 7-inch screen and faster processing power plus Trimble Access 2018's new user interface and graphics capabilities, provides a superior, comprehensive solution to collect and compute data in the field.
For more information, or to learn more, visit: https://geospatial.trimble.com/products-and-solutions/r10