Sophisticated data dictionary editor ensures consistency between the field and the office
- Create custom lists of features and attributes for field data collection with the Data Dictionary Editor, or import a data dictionary from a GIS based on its exact data schema.
- Receive prompts in the field to enter specific information into data capture forms, ensuring data integrity and compatibility with the GIS.
- Create conditional attributes that dynamically adapt to previously entered attribute values, for maximum data collection efficiency.
Differential corrections to improve the quality of GNSS data collected in the field
- Use postprocessing to significantly improve the accuracy of data collected in the field all the way down to centimeter level (1 cm / 0.4 inch).1
- Supports the complete Trimble Mapping and GIS GNSS portfolio, as well as associated positioning technologies, such as Trimble H-Star™.
1 Depending on the environment and the GNSS receiver.
Quality control your collected field data
- Analyze collected features to confirm they are complete and accurate before exporting to a GIS, CAD, or database system. Review and edit GNSS positions and attributes for the highest quality data.
- Collected features can be compared against background datasets such as vector GIS data, aerial photographs or satellite imagery in order to verify accuracy and detect conflicts.
- Background data can be imported to GPS Pathfinder Office from GIS systems, directly from imagery files, or referenced directly from a WMS.
Import and export data to a variety of GIS and CAD formats
- Verify and update GIS data previously collected in the field.
- Import data to GPS Pathfinder Office from a number of GIS and database formats.
- Export collected data and associated metadata to a number of GIS and CAD formats.
- Additional import and export formats supported via Trimble SSF and DDF data format extensions for FME.
Customize TerraSync user interface for simplified field operation
- Use TerraSync™ Studio utility within GPS Pathfinder Office to customize the TerraSync user interface.
- Disable functionality to ensure maximum field productivity and eliminate potential configuration errors.
- View data forms clearly with a customized user interface that speeds up form completion without sacrificing accuracy.
- Improvements to how code post-processed estimated accuracies are calculated for the Trimble Geo 7X handheld. This generally means lower accuracy estimates which more closely match the actual error of the postprocessed positions.
- GPS Pathfinder Office now supports world files (.wld) with comma separated decimals
- The installer now includes the Microsoft® Visual C++ redistributable as a pre-requisite. This redistributable ensures that the postprocessor corrects positions.
- The postprocessor calculates correct DOP values for files collected with the Trimble Juno® series, Trimble Nomad® series, and Trimble Yuma® tablet computer receivers.
- An issue which caused image links to be formatted incorrectly when exporting to MicroStation DGN has been fixed.
- Support for the Trimble R2 GNSS receiver.
- Support for the Trimble Nomad® 1050 series.
- Updated postprocessing engine.
- Leap second adjustment.
- Improved KML import for reference data. You can bring in and display some of the feature label information from the KML file.
- Updated Export Utility.
- Support for the Trimble R1 GNSS receiver.
- The Trimble SSF/DDF extension has been updated to be compatible with FME 2013/2014.
- Base File vs. Base List (Provider) selection for postprocessing: if you have previously selected Base File Position, the selection is cleared and you must re-select the correct base file. This ensures that you do not default to an incorrect option in the postprocessing workflow.
- Option to incorporate the date and time into an image name.