Sophisticated data dictionary editor to ensure consistency between the field and the office
- Create custom lists of features and attributes for field data collection with the Data Dictionary Editor, or import a data dictionary from a GIS based on its exact data schema. Be confident data collected in the field will integrate seamlessly with the GIS.
- In the field, the data capture forms prompt you to enter specific information ensuring data integrity and compatibility with the GIS.
- Create conditional attributes that dynamically adapt to previously entered attribute values for maximum data collection efficiency.
Differential corrections to improve the quality of GNSS data collected in the field
- Use postprocessing to significantly improve the accuracy of data collected in the field all the way down to centimeter level (1 cm / 0.4 inch).1
- Supports the complete Trimble Mapping and GIS GNSS portfolio, as well as associated positioning technologies, such as Trimble H-Star™.
1 Depending on the environment and the GNSS receiver.
Quality control your collected field data
- Analyze collected features to confirm they are complete and accurate before exporting to a GIS, CAD, or database system. Review and edit GNSS positions and attributes for the highest quality data.
- Collected features can be compared against background datasets such as vector GIS data, aerial photographs or satellite imagery in order to verify accuracy and detect conflicts.
- Background data can be imported to GPS Pathfinder Office from GIS systems, directly from imagery files, or referenced directly from a WMS.
Import and export data to a variety of GIS and CAD formats
- Import data to GPS Pathfinder Office from a number of GIS and database formats.
- Verify and update previously collected GIS data in the field.
- Export collected data and associated metadata to a number of GIS and CAD formats.
- Additional import and export formats supported via Trimble SSF and DDF data format extensions for FME.
Customize TerraSync user interface for simplified field operation
- Use TerraSync™ Studio utility within GPS Pathfinder Office to customize the TerraSync user interface.
- Disable functionality to ensure maximum field productivity and eliminate potential configuration errors.
- A customized user interface enables you to view data forms clearly, avoid confusion and speed up form completion without sacrificing accuracy.
- Improvements to how code postprocessed estimated accuracies are calculated for the Trimble Geo 7X handheld. This generally means lower accuracy estimates which more closely match the actual error of the postprocessed positions.
- GPS Pathfinder Office now supports world files (.wld) with comma separated decimals
- The installer now includes the Microsoft® Visual C++ redistributable as a pre-requisite. This redistributable ensures that the postprocessor corrects positions.
- The postprocessor calculates correct DOP values for files collected with the Trimble Juno® series, Trimble Nomad® series, and Trimble Yuma® tablet computer receivers.
- An issue which caused image links to be formatted incorrectly when exporting to MicroStation DGN has been fixed.
- Support for the Trimble R2 GNSS receiver.
- Support for the Trimble Nomad® 1050 series.
- Updated postprocessing engine.
- Leap second adjustment.
- Improved KML import for reference data. You can bring in and display some of the feature label information from the KML file.
- Updated Export Utility.
- Support for the Trimble R1 GNSS receiver.
- The Trimble SSF/DDF extension has been updated to be compatible with FME 2013/2014.
- Base File vs. Base List (Provider) selection for postprocessing: if you have previously selected Base File Position, the selection is cleared and you must re-select the correct base file. This ensures that you do not default to an incorrect option in the postprocessing workflow.
- Option to incorporate the date and time into an image name.