It’s time to put software licensing on your terms.
With the new subscription-based licensing plans for Trimble RealWorks software, we’re putting you at the center of it all. With lower upfront costs, access to more capabilities, the latest software updates, and visibility into usage, scale your license with your needs.
Trimble RealWorks Software for 3D Scanning Professionals
Trimble RealWorks is specifically designed for point cloud processing and analysis. The software provides a complete solution to efficiently register, analyze, model and create deliverables using data from virtually any source.
- Automated tools for registration and point cloud cleanup
- Work efficiently with tools and workflows made specifically for point cloud processing
- Be ready for any project with one of the industry’s largest selection of point cloud processing tools which include registration, surface creation, surface to surface comparison and modeling.
Trimble RealWorks 12 content
UI & Navigation
- Dark & light theme UI: New dark and light themes give RealWorks a sleek, refreshed look and feel
- Redesigned start and welcome screen: Find projects, updates, tutorials and more, at ease with the new start screen
- Fly to navigation tool: Hold the shift key and click on the point cloud to fly to that area
- All new pipe modelling & editing tool: Create and edit pipe runs, elbows, reducers and more with just a couple clicks
- Point cloud/model transparency options: Adjust the transparency between the point cloud and 3D model
- Manually add triangles to meshes: Draw or redraw triangles manually when creating and editing meshes
- Automatic moving object removal: Automatically segment moving objects from the point cloud scan
- Improved steel beam extraction: Faster and more accurate steel beam segmentation
- Annotate in 2D and 3D inspections: Create annotations with hyperlinks in both 2D and 3D inspections for detailed deliverables
- Change inspection map pixel color: Change the empty pixel background in inspection maps to black or white
For a full list of bug fixes, please read the Release Notes.
Starter – provides an impressive set of tools for basic point cloud registration, navigation and viewing. Includes surface creation and editing, volume calculation, and orthophoto generation.
Core – be ready for any project with this extensive set of point cloud processing and analysis tools. Includes automatic registration for both target based and target-less projects, automated object classification, drawing tools, a complete set of surface to surface and 3D inspection tools, as well as the ability to publish projects for easy sharing. Includes all tools available in Trimble RealWorks Starter.
Performance – add models to your point cloud deliverables with fitting, extraction, and editing of common shapes. This edition also provides specialty tools for modeling plant specific objects including safety rails, cages, steel beams and stairs. Includes all tools available in Trimble RealWorks Core and below.
Storage Tank – highly automated tools dedicated to storage tank inspection and calibration make creating reports from scanning data easy even for non-scanning professionals. Includes all tools available in Trimble RealWorks Performance and below. Learn more
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, 10 - 64-bit
- Processor: minimum 2.8 Ghz (Quad-Core) or higher
(additional cores with Hyper-Threading support strongly recommended)
- RAM: minimum 16 GB (recommended 2 GB per processing thread or 4 GB per processing core where Hyper threading is used)*
- VGA card: OpenGL 3.3 compatible with minimum 1 GB VRAM. OpenGL 4.4 with 3GB of VRAM recommended for best performance
- 3-button mouse
Solid State Drive (SSD) for maximum performance (pref. 256GB) - strongly recommended.
- Chinese Simplified
- Russian (optional)
* The amount of available RAM will directly affect your ability to open all points of a large data-set in a reasonable amount of time. See the following suggested maximum point load limits acc. to available RAM:
8GB - 250 million
16GB - 500 million
24GB - 750 million
32GB - 1 billion
63GB - 2 billion
Note: larger amounts of data may take progressively longer to open.