The Trimble Scan Essentials plug-in for SketchUp is the most complete point cloud solution for modeling from scan data.
Using an integrated toolbar, this extension to the SketchUp software allows you to easily, efficiently import point clouds, view them, and use native SketchUp tools to snap on the points during model creation. Whether you directly import RealWorks Projects, or standard point cloud files from other Trimble or third party software, the Trimble Scan Essentials plug-in makes your job easy and fast. It’s the essential bridge from reality to completed models.
- Places point clouds directly into the modeling environment in ways that permit rapid modeling
- Works with standardized point clouds (LAS, E57) and Trimble RealWorks projects
- Extensive integrated toolbar with controls for visibility and selectability
We recommend that you install Trimble Scan Essentials for SketchUp by visiting the Extension Warehouse inside the SketchUp application. This will streamline both the sign-in and installation process. To get started, first make sure you have Sketchup 2019 or later installed (if not go here). Open SketchUp and go to the Window menu > Extension Warehouse. Search for "Trimble Scan Essentials for SketchUp" and click download. A 30-day trial of the extension is included with the installation before you are prompted to purchase the extension.
Note that you can also manually install Trimble Scan Essentials for SketchUp from the Extension Warehouse in your web browser. For additional information, please visit SketchUp Help Center
To download Trimble Scan Essentials click here
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 10 - 64-bit
- Processor: minimum 2.8 GHz (Quad-Core) or higher
- RAM: minimum 16 GB
- VGA card: OpenGL 3.3 compatible with minimum 1 GB VRAM. OpenGL 4.4 with 3 GB of VRAM recommended for best performance.
- 3-button mouse