Trimble X12 Overview Video
3D laser scanning has evolved.
The Trimble® X12 scanning system unites the best of both worlds with industry-leading hardware and Trimble’s powerful, ultra-efficient Trimble Perspective software for guaranteed peak performance.
No more complicated workflows. No complex registration process. No compromises in accuracy, speed, range, or imaging.
Trimble Business Center
Enhance your perspective. With the Trimble X12 scanning system unparalleled ease of use, increased efficiency, exceptional quality of point clouds and imagery, are now more accessible than ever.
High resolution, accurate point cloud data
- Scan up to an astonishing 2.18 million points per second with a range of 365 meters.
- Range noise of 0.2 mm and density of 0.6 mm at 10 meters.
Sharp, clean image acquisition
- Experience breathtaking colorization of your point cloud data with parallax free images.
- Smart light, LED spotlights of 700 lumen improve image acquisition in poor light conditions and even completely dark environments.
Quick, flexible point cloud capture
- Full dome scans as fast as 23 seconds, complemented with the ability to quickly and efficiently scan areas of interest at high quality settings.
- A minimum scan range of 0.3 meters, allowing you to capture more detail in tight spaces.
Unparalleled Ease of Use
- Automatic in-field registration, refinement, reports and exports with Trimble Perspective on the T10x tablet.
- Comprehensive and user friendly OnBoard interface.
Trimble X12 Applications
Trimble X12 Applications
The Trimble X12 quickly captures features for land title surveys, buildings, roads, intersections, site improvements, encroaching elements and complex structures:
- Document and highlight features or items of interest using annotations.
- Assign labels to each scan to create logical scan groups and annotations with pictures while scanning the next station.
- Use auto-classification tools to extract data corresponding to the ground, buildings, powerlines, signs, vegetations, and more.
- Create as-builts of road corridors, intersections, roadway surfaces, lane striping, flow lines, manholes, right of ways, overhead power lines, and other features.
With the Trimble X12, you can create as-built documentation for drawings or models for bridges, tunnels, dams and other civil infrastructure with a range that allows for operation from a safe distance, while the area scan feature provides high-resolution data on areas of interest. Also use it to:
- Incorporate scan information in clearance calculations, modeling, inspections, renovations, and expansion work.
- Leverage high-speed data capture and quickly capture area scans to reduce downtime for critical infrastructure projects.
- Benefit from unmatched HDR image quality for visual inspection and sharing of information.
- Register in the field to verify scan data is complete before importing to Trimble Business Center or Trimble RealWorks® at the office.
The Trimble X12 enables users to create accurate as-builts of complex industrial facilities for modeling and revamp designs. Also use it to:
- Take high-resolution area scans for more detail on points of interest and safely capture inaccessible areas from a distance.
- View details of existing conditions for critical decisions.
- Enhance in-field documentation with annotations and pictures of tie-in locations inside Trimble Perspective.
- Georeference scans to plant coordinate systems using Trimble RealWorks target- based registration and survey control for export-to-plant design software to do piping layouts, check fabrication spools, and detect interferences with CAD models.
For forensics applications, use the Trimble X12’s high-speed scanning and imaging to capture information at crime scenes and vehicular accidents and minimize road closures, even in extreme weather conditions. Also use it to:
- Add annotations with pictures to points of interest and take measurements in the field.
- Generate unmatched high-resolution image quality, even at night, with the LED spotlights.
- Register in the field to verify complete data capture before leaving the scene.
- Export data to Trimble Forensics Reveal software for creation of 2D/3D diagrams and animations for investigation and reconstruction.
The Trimble X12 helps you plan restoration efforts or simply capture history. Historic preservation projects require great detail to inspect or monitor surface deterioration as well as high-resolution imagery for documentation, analysis and restoration. Also use it to:
- Retain important details with high-resolution area scans on points of interest and safely capture inaccessible areas from a distance.
- Digitally preserve fragile artifacts for re-creation.
- Document and share the site with high-resolution panoramas and clear color imagery.
- Add annotations in the field with images to highlight critical areas of interest back in the office.
- Check data quality before leaving the site to eliminate costly and time-consuming field revisit.
The Trimble X12 makes it possible to safely and effectively create as-built models for scan- to-BIM and renovations and provides clarity for adaptive reuse, building extensions and inspection of facades and elevations. Also use it to:
- Optimize commercial building design accessibility.
- Produce perfectly colorized point clouds using parallax free images and clearly view the project off-site.
- Register in the field to eliminate the risk of return visits, especially where access permits are difficult to obtain.
- Transfer data to Trimble Business Center, Trimble RealWorks or other CAD software for final analysis and design.
Use the Trimble X12 to scan underground mines and quarries for deformation monitoring and stockpile volume calculations. Also use it to:
- Reduce downtime with high-speed scanning backed by an IP54 rating with a two-year warranty for reliable operation in extreme conditions.
- Efficiently capture precise details of storage tanks and surrounding containment areas to document verticality, roundness, and integrity.
- Easily capture and verify data in the field before importing into Trimble RealWorks Storage Tank module.
- Calculate tank volume filling tables and secondary containment volumes, perform deformation analysis for tank repairs, and create reports meeting API 653 standards.
Whether your ship is at port or in drydock, the Trimble X12 is the ideal scanner to create as-builts for new construction, renovation, and optimization. Also use it to:
- Effectively operate in the confined spaces of ships with the best minimum scan range in the industry of 0.3 meters.
- Capture data of the hull, on deck or in holds with long range, high resolution scans.
- Quickly scan ballast tanks in preparation for water treatment systems for retrofit to comply with IMO mandates.
- Obtain the level of detail needed by the naval architect before the ship leaves port.