Tailored to support storage tank analysis workflows the Trimble® RealWorks®Storage-Tank Edition software features highly-automated, efficient workflows to thoroughly analyze complex datasets, reducing the time required to create inspection reports and volume filling tables from 3D laser scan data.
- Create high-density 3D models of your storage tanks
- Analyze the data following API 653 Standard guidelines
- Automatically detect out-of-tolerance areas
Automatically detect out of tolerance areas, produce reports according to API 653 Standard guidelines, and highly-accurate holding volume calibration tables. The reports can also be used in text and spreadsheet editing software for additional customization.
Traditional inspection methods take sample measurements around the tanks which allows for the potential to miss problem areas. High speed laser scanning can capture the entire surface of the tank with centimeter resolution or less.
Safety and Efficiency
Many times, a storage tank can be fully measured by a single person in less than and hour without the need to use ladders or lifts.
Ease of Use
Intuitive software designed specifically for the storage tank industry makes field data capture and office processing straight forward and efficient. The Advanced Tank edition of Trimble RealWorks provides powerful tools for analyzing data and creating industry specific reports.
Depending on your requirements, Trimble offers a wide range of hardware and software solutions.
Combining the power of advanced laser scanning technology with software tailored to support storage tank analysis produces superior results while saving time in the field and office. Quickly collect accurate, detailed measurements of complex storage tank features missed by traditional methods.
- Bottom Settlement
- Shell Settlement
- Volume Calibration
- Strapping Table
- Filling Table
- Secondary Volume Containment Analysis
- Spill Point
Streamlined Workflow Trimble® RealWorks®Storage-Tank Edition offers a streamlined, guided workflow to quickly produce spatial inspection deliverables.
- Import and register laser scanning point clouds
- Clean the data set to focus on the tank shell
- Define the inspection stations around perimeter
- Define courses and vertical inspection intervals
- Define tank bottom inspection intervals
- Define tolerances for automatic issue detection
- Perform additional, focused inspection on out-of tolerance features
- Generate industry-standard reports with customized content
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, 10 - 64-bit
- Processor: minimum 2.8 Ghz (Quad-Core) or higher
(additional cores with Hyper-Threading support strongly recommended)
- RAM: minimum 16 GB (recommended 2 GB per processing thread or 4 GB per processing core where Hyper threading is used)*
- VGA card: OpenGL 3.3 compatible with minimum 1 GB VRAM. OpenGL 4.4 with 3GB of VRAM recommended for best performance
- 3-button mouse
Solid State Drive (SSD) for maximum performance (pref. 256GB) - strongly recommended.
- Chinese Simplified
- Russian (optional)
* The amount of available RAM will directly affect your ability to open all points of a large data-set in a reasonable amount of time. See the following suggested maximum point load limits acc. to available RAM:
8GB - 250 million
16GB - 500 million
24GB - 750 million
32GB - 1 billion
63GB - 2 billion
Note: larger amounts of data may take progressively longer to open.