Trimble Penmap for Android offers a select set of essential features, keeping it focused and efficient - ideal for the work you need done.
Easy to use
- Easy-to-use, interactive, and map-based user interface - enabling a broader set of the community to aid in data collection
- Support of spatial and non-spatial features
- Land Administration Domain Model (LADM) and Social Tenure Domain Model (STDM) compliance - adhering to international Fit-For-Purpose Land Administration standards
- Streamlined forms to collect tenure data e.g. person, parties, signatures, pictures etc.
- Flexible boundary line mapping - enabling the collection of geometry data using base maps and aerial imagery
Collect & Edit functions
- Core survey functionality and high accuracy GIS data collection
- Snap function - enabling rapid data capture and avoidance of overlaps, redundant data, and gaps
- Edit functions, customizable toolbar, and data model editor - offering maximum flexibility
- Simple tools for data acquisition, such as a digitizing function, COGO functions, as well as precise GNSS measurements
- Enablement of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) Android OS data collectors
- Flexible, subscription-based pricing - enabling data collection initiatives to get up and running quickly and scale in a flexible way
- Supports Trimble Catalyst software-based GNSS receiver for on-demand precise positioning
- Compatible with existing Trimble GNSS R-Series receivers
Trimble Penmap for Android can run on compatible Android phones and tablets but due to the processing requirements may not work on older model devices. We have provided some guidelines below to help you understand if your device will meet the minimum hardware specifications.
Minimum hardware recommendations: A full list of System Requirements is available on the Trimble Penmap for Android User Assistance portal.
An effective tool for your field kit
- Provides core survey functionality including cadastral and boundary surveys, stake-outs, QA/QC checks, and records and stores all measurement data.
- Syncs with Trimble Connect, a collaborative cloud platform, for easy upload and transfer of data between office and field and back.
- Includes a powerful Feature and Attribute system that is fully compatible with industry standard surveying/CAD, GIS, and data management applications.
- Supports survey tasks and high-accuracy GIS data collection within the same application.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Trimble technology at your fingertips
- Runs on Android devices such as your own smartphone and tablet, or a fully rugged device like the Android-based Trimble TDC600 handheld.
- Supports the subscription-based Trimble Catalyst™ software GNSS receiver, providing very low initial cost of ownership and flexible plans for a complete surveying/GIS system.
- Compatible with full-featured Trimble GNSS receivers such as the R12i, R12 and R2.
If your Android device uses the new USB Type C form factor, you will need a third-party USB microB to USB type C converter to use Catalyst. To fully support Catalyst your USB converter cable supports the USB OTG standard. Trimble recommends the Huawei AP52.
General Surveying: Cadastral and boundary surveys; staking; site calibrations; measurements; land registration; mapping.
Electric & Gas: Documenting infrastructure; recording encroachments, clearways, existing monuments; locating crossings.
GIS: High-accuracy data collection, features and attributes.